Estás en Uruguay  Beaches of Uruguay  Las Toscas 

History of Las Toscas

Today the spa Las Toscas confused with Atlantis (west) and Parque del Plata (east), but to the creation of these two locations, during the first decades of the twentieth century, gave name to the whole area. The train station Atlantida (Atlantis current station) was also called Las Toscas, and it was by Route 11, the gateway to the region until the construction of the interbalnearia route. In Las Toscas began the painstaking work of forestation that stretch of the coast of Rio de la Plata, developed over the years by several private companies. The success accompanied finally the most persevering by Mario Ferreira venture, whose name bears the main street of the resort, which starts in Atlantis and continues to Parque del Plata.

From 1913

Territorial Society Uruguaya SA and subsequent made the initial fractionation and sale of land between 1911 and 1914, developing first spa Atlantis (1912). The first grounds of Las Toscas were sold in 1913, though many others already had owners and construcciones- and foreground dates from 1946.

The population of Las Toscas grew considerably since 1990, reaching a population of 1,793 people in 1996. As a result, there was a great development of services such as running water, electricity, waste collection, boarding houses, hotels , social and sports centers, soccer fields and basketball and various interdepartmental bus lines.


Places to visit in Las Toscas


Tourism notes in
Atlantida
Balneario Solis
Cabo Polonio
Chuy
Costa Azul
Cuchilla Alta
El Pinar
José Ignacio
La Barra
La Paloma
La Pedrera
Las Toscas
Maldonado
Minas
Pan de Azucar
Piriapolis
Punta Ballena
Punta del Diablo
Punta del Este
Rocha
Solymar
365uruguay.com
La guía online de Uruguay los 365 días del año
www.365uruguay.com
Seguinos en:
Términos y condiciones de uso  |  Política de privacidad